Guess what? The GP M.A.D.E. Foundation came to visit and celebrate with ME! Blaze, the Facility Wonder Dog. That’s right! Gary and Missy Pinkel came to my 3rd birthday party. I was so excited to see them. The GP M.A.D.E. Foundation helps take care of me so that I can take care of my favorite people in the world – my kiddos at the hospital.
What are some of the ways I take care of my kiddos? Ok, I’ll tell you:
- I help children work on brushing teeth by letting them brush mine.
- I help children learn how to dress with buttons, zippers, and shirts.
- I help children walk. I tell them good job and walk along side for support.
- I help children pick out orthotics to walk more easily.
- I help keep kids entertained when they have to wait on things that take a long time, like ordering a new wheelchair.
- I let children scratch my belly, rub my ears and touch my nose for different sensory experiences.
- I act as a visual stimuli for kids to work on localizing to objects. (especially my tail!)
- I help children practice walking up and down stairs. I help keep them safe.
- I help children learn and identify different body parts.
- I help children work on standing, strength, and balance.
- Most importantly, I give the BEST snuggles and kisses!!!
I LOVE my job and I take it very seriously. Nothing makes me happier than helping my kiddos. Thanks, Coach and Missy, for coming to my birthday party. Come back and visit me soon – and don’t forget to bring treats!
Through a grant from GP M.A.D.E. Foundation, MU Health Care is able to care for Blaze so that he can bring joy and support to pediatric patients. We are proud to make a difference in the lives of local children every day.