Kansas City Chiefs
Drafted 49th overall in the 2nd round of the 2015 NFL Draft by the Kansas City Chiefs
- Proven veteran performer who will move to the left tackle spot after manning the right side during a standout season in 2013
- He’ll look to take over the starting spot vacated by NFL hopeful Justin Britt, and he’ll open spring camp atop the depth chart there.
- One of the consistent forces on the Tiger offensive line which paved the way for one of the most improved offenses in all of college football
- Started in all 14 games at right tackle, which ran his consecutive starts streak to 25 games.
- Became a starter for the first time, and made starts in all 11 games in which he appeared
- Began the season as the starting center, but after injuries began to roll through the offensive line, the lineup got shuffled, and he alternated out to right tackle, where he eventually started four times, including each of the last three games of the season
- Won the team’s most improved offensive lineman award for his solid play during spring camp
- An outstanding student who was named to the SEC 2012 Academic Honor Roll for his efforts in the classroom.
- Earned his first letter, playing in all 13 games as a redshirt freshman, primarily on placekicking protection unit, but he also saw significant action on the line throughout the year
- Did a great job in the classroom, where he earned 1st-Team Academic All-Big 12 honors for his hard work.
- Redshirt season.
- ESPN.com ranked him as the nation’s No. 19 offensive tackle talent
- Ranked by Rivals.com as the nation’s No. 51 tackle prospect
- Was a three-year starter on the offensive line who also starred on the defensive line as well, playing defensive tackle
- Earned first-team all-state honors as an offensive lineman each of his last two years, in addition to being a two-time first-team all-district pick there
- As a senior in 2009, added first-team all-district honors as a defensive tackle to his resume
- An outstanding student who twice won Academic All-State honors
- High school coach – Ed McCabe.
- Parents – Kevin & Catherine Morse
- Interested in studying Hotel & Restaurant Management at Mizzou
- Lists hobbies as weight lifting, sports, music, movies and the great outdoors
- Chose Mizzou over Kansas, TCU, Stanford and Vanderbilt, among many others
- Mentioned Mizzou’s academic opportunities, its beautiful facilities, and the great attitudes of MU’s coaches and players that were big draws for him.