SEC Network Takeover (#SECNTakeover) continues Tuesday, July 7, with the Mizzou Tigers taking over the national television network for 24 hours. With the help of ESPN SportsCenter anchor and Missouri alum John Anderson, the Tigers selected a dozen marquee television events from the vault to relive with fans.
Missouri #SECNTakeover Schedule Includes:
- #MizzouMade: SEC Network Takeover Mizzou fans can get fired up for the upcoming season with this half-hour special which includes a one-on-one visit with new Athletic Director Mack Rhoades, as well as a special look at the popular new football promotional video. The show also features vignettes on several Olympic sport programs.
- 2010 Oklahoma vs. Missouri (Football): The Sooners came in with the No. 1 ranking in the BCS polls, but Gahn McGaffie’s 86-yard kickoff return touchdown to open the game sent the Tigers on their way to the program’s first-ever win over a No. 1 team.
- 2013 Tennessee vs. Missouri (Softball): What’s a good way to beat the #2 team in the nation? Chelsea Thomas’ plan included not allowing a single hit. Great plan, Chelsea!
- 2015 Arkansas vs. Missouri (Women’s Basketball): Robin Pingeton’s team made big strides in 2014-15, and this win over border rival Arkansas closed the regular season showing how much promise awaits in the future.
- 2014 LSU vs. Missouri (Soccer): Mizzou reached the NCAA Tournament with an outstanding season in 2014, and it was achieved thanks to many quality victories such as this 3-1 win over LSU.
- 2005 South Carolina vs. Missouri (Football): Throw in a dash of Marcus King, a pinch of Chase Coffman and a whole mess of Brad Smith, and you’ve got a recipe for the biggest comeback win in Mizzou history.
- 2013 Tennessee vs. Missouri (Women’s Basketball): On Jan. 10th, Tennessee dealt Mizzou an 84-39 defeat. Just three weeks later the Tigers turned the tables to the tune of an 80-63 win at Mizzou Arena, thanks to 26 points from Morgan Eye – representing a 62-point turnaround!
- 2009 Kansas vs. Missouri (Men’s Basketball): After a rough first half, the Tigers rallied behind the gritty play of DeMarre Carroll, and were celebrating in the end after a thrilling last-second game-winning shot by “Big Shot” Zaire Taylor.
- 2012 Tennessee vs. Missouri (Volleyball): Mizzou’s first year in the SEC was highlighted by this gutsy comeback win over No. 17 Tennessee in the first SEC match at the Hearnes Center. Team Kreklow rallied from a two-game deficit to post a five-game win in its SEC opener.
- 2015 South Carolina vs. Missouri (Baseball): The Tigers had a flair for the dramatic in 2015, and this early-season win over 6th-ranked South Carolina featured just that – a walk-off, extra-inning win for Mizzou!
- 2013 Texas A&M vs. Missouri (Football): In just its second year in the SEC, Mizzou hosted Texas A&M and reigning Heisman winner Johnny Manziel with the Eastern Division title on the line. With so much tension in the air, Henry Josey scampered his way into Tiger fans’ hearts forever with a game-clinching TD run late in this thrilling game.
- 2007 Kansas vs. Missouri (Football): The nation’s second-oldest rivalry was the center of the college football universe as the No. 4 Tigers took on the No. 2 Jayhawks, with the winner set to claim the No. 1 spot. An instant classic that will be remembered for generations to come.
- 2012 Kansas vs. Missouri (Men’s Basketball): What better way to send a longtime rival out the door with a dramatic comeback win? Marcus Denmon saw to it personally, as his nine-straight points in the final two minutes turned an eight-point deficit into a big Mizzou win.